This was a fun bit of news to see last week from New York Public Library's NYPL Wire:
The Girl Who Got Checked Out A Lot
Stieg Larsson was the man in 2010.
The top three adult titles at NYPL in 2010 were all by Larsson: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo took the top spot, followed by The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest and The Girl Who Played With Fire.
The top young adult title in 2010 was Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto, and the top children’s title was Babymouse Jennifer Holm.
BABYMOUSE managed to beat out several other juggernauts:
Top 5 Children’s Titles
1. Babymouse by Jennifer Holm
2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
3. Junie B., First Grader by Barbara Park
4. Star Wars: The Clone Wars by Simon Beecroft
5. Spectacular Spectacles by Jane O’Connor
Thank you New York! We love you! Though we've moved away, you'll still always be our home.
(Also, coverage of the story in Robot 6.)